Tuesday, September 7, 2010







Hey everyone, how’s life? It’s looking a lot better here. You want a translation? Café Rio is coffee river.

Ok I saw something way cool a toucan flying, I didn’t get a picture though.....

We were sitting in the Rodoviaria (bus station) and I saw 2 dudes signing, I could understand a little but it’s so different.

Oh yeah I was talking with some other missionaries and someone said something funny and I was drinking water and I laughed and it came out my nose.

Here it’s different than other South American countries because we don’t have a siesta. On Saturdays in Votuporanga after 2 p.m. everything is closed. Oh yeah there is a myth or legend or superstition here that if you drink really, really cold water you will get the flu, I thought that was only when you go bowling?

Oh we have a bunch of missionaries from the Nordeste and Sul so we have a bunch of different slang and accents. It can get frustrating sometimes.

You know I think that’s about it, oh wait, I remembered no one here likes me, we try to teach people but they always say they don’t have time come back tomorrow and they aren’t home or something.

We went to the English school again, they love me there, I taught them a whole bunch of slang and how to actually say it. It was pretty cool. Oh I taught them some pick-up lines too, and “love/dating phrases and words” it was fun. Oh, one pick-up line is this: “Are you tired? Because you have been running through my mind all day.” The teacher was explaining it and one girl (who is actually really cute) said yeah I’m tired, and so I started laughing and so the teacher explained it and the girl thought it was funny too. Everyone did after the explanation.

So that is about it for today. Até semana que vem Abraço

I am Elder Richardson, Keymaster in Votuporanga and I end mine epistle, amen.

1 comment: