Monday, May 3, 2010

This is Taylor's best contact so far.









I'm guessing this is the new city, but am not sure.


Taylor and Elder Cunha--Taylor thinks he looks like Antonio Banderas (although he says not in this picture--maybe if Antonio would put on the white shirt and tie, they'd be twins).

Picture from the CTM. Very nice. He'll be a great tour guide one day.

The Elders in the CTM district; well, at least their tags.

Oh, here are the faces to match the tags.



Beautiful skyline--of what city? Not sure.


Elder Snyder and Elder Richardson--CTM comps.

Not sure who, you match the face with the tag this time.


Taylor in his "Man Search for Happiness" pose. If you don't know what that is, ask your parents--they'll know.

Look like happy missionaries leaving the CTM, going to their mission. Good picture. Was this the 3 a.m. pose? Kind of a crazed look in some of those eyes. . .

Oi pessoas!

Ok, I’m in the perfect place, a little city called Americo Brasilense! My Trainer is Elder Ellis, a surfer from California/Hawaii! Super cool dude! It’s just us two here... we live in a little house thingy. Our city is just south of Ribeirão Preto. I’ve seen so many thing, I can’t remember them all. There is a bar on at least every block.

Everyone send my letters to the mission home, I’ll get them every few weeks!
Ok in order to go to Ribeirão Preto, we had to get up at 3 IN THE MORNING!!!! Then we got there and ended up having 3 breakfasts! One at the CTM, on the plane and then when we got there and met the Assistants and the Secretaries. Then we went to Presidente Veira’s house and had lunch and a get-to-know-you interview.... He doesn’t know much Inglês so it was interesting!

Then we got our trainers and the área that we are in! Then we waited forever to go, we all got a bus to our new áreas. It’s super cool here! We have lunch with a member everyday! Everything is great—I absolutely love it! Sleep comes so easy.... I’m so tired when we get home.....

Man I got 81 contatos this week, and 19 addresses! I’m learning so much, so fast! Church here is super small; we had 70 people come, and that’s a lot! We have one lady who is way ready to be baptized, so we just need to get her an interview and her husband too! They are totally cool!
I got offered alcohol this week, almost been ran over like at least 6 times a day, sometimes people think we are the police it’s crazy! Everything is great, you know on Sunday I was actually looking forward to having beans and rice, it’s so good! I love the food, and people go way out of their way for us!

Oh we drink this drink called Tereré and you have it with pear juice, it’s kind of like mate, but cold and it’s super good, you drink it out of a horn, yep a horn, you know from a cow! It’s so good! Tereré is like mate, but it’s cold. (Mate is a drink Taylor’s dad had on his mission in Argentina.) The straw we use is called a bomba.

I love it here! I love being a missionary! Write to me!

Love you guys!

-Elder Richardson!

2 comments:

  1. "Beans and Rice...Beans and Rice...Beans and Rice...are NICE!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!
    What a great letter too! Sounds like he has a cool companion and the area is ready for his message and enthusiasm.

    P.S. Richard's mom's maiden name is Ashcraft, I wonder if one of her cousin's kids was in the CTM. Could be a distant relation.

    ReplyDelete