Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A cold day in Americo


This is our zone Zona Araraquara
back row E, Sevy, Santos, Malaquias, Jeffery next E Guimarês, Porter, S. Campos, E. Fidelis, S. Nascimento, Pietróski, and me


That’s Elder Jeffrey


And here we go..... It’s silent, you wake up, no one is there, it’s so still, and then you hear the drums.... slowly beating, then you hear the people chanting, chanting, chanting, then...............................................................GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then firecrackers go off for about 30 seconds or so, depending on what team scored!!!! This actually happens and it did on Sunday during church.

Ok I’m in a city called Votuporanga, it’s on the north-westernish side of our mission. It’s like 20 degrees hotter here and it’s just me and my comp Elder Sória. I’m having a wonderful time here.....

It’s kinda hard my comp. gives up fairly easily so until I know the área we aren’t going to be doing much..... Oh well, it’s the mission and it’s only for 6 weeks. 5 weeks left!

Ok the last 2 weeks were nuts. There is a dude on the buses here that takes your money and everyone, I mean everyone in Brasil likes to not give coins for change so if you need to pay for example $R5.20 they usually ask for $R.20 centavos and I didn’t hear the dude say that, we were on the bus so it was loud.... I understood him but he said vinte (20) CENTS and gave me the eyebrow thing as if to say it’s good dude I got you.... then he said twenty cents while still doing the eyebrow thing..... it was pretty funny...

Then there is a family in Américo Brasiliênse that absolutely loves me and the missionaries. I knew I had work to do with them so I prayed to stay there, then on Saturday morning we got the call that said I’m leaving, so I was really bummed out. So I prayed to know why..... Then that night I got my answer. The lady we were working with asked to be baptized. She asked me to do it... So we called our LZ’s and got the interview done and got her baptized. Then on Sunday, my last day, we spent the evening with them and they had me give the last message and prayer for them, and I read Moroni 10:4-5 which is one I haven’t done in Português yet. But I said it pretty good and everyone felt the Spirit.... Not everyone is a member but they felt it too. It was awesome.

Then I got transferred.... To here! It’s good, I felt a lot better about leaving after having my prayers answered, not necessarily the way I thought, but they were answered. I love my work.

Just remember when Chuck Norris crosses the street he doesn’t look for cars, cars look for Chuck Norris.

I love you guys.
Your bud.
Amo, Elder Taylor Richardson

1 comment:

  1. So awesome about the baptism and prayer being answered.
    Good luck with the new comp and new area!

    ReplyDelete