Monday, June 20, 2011

I hear screams of young boys in anger and delight saying “Pega lá pega lá, aquela pipa está saindo!” or Get it Get it, that kite is leaving!

All the young boys are crazy about getting the other one’s kite, they all fly kites. It often gets very annoying seeing all the kites and the children running after them all.

I laugh to myself and continue on working, I talk to another person and then knock on another door, no one answers, so I go to the next door and knock on that one, the way we knock, is by clapping. So I clap to talk to people. Finally after about 10 houses someone answers the door and I greet her with a smile, and say Hi my name is Elder Richardson and I’m a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ, and then she cuts me off and says I already know about your church and I’m from another church so you don’t need to waste your time telling me this, and I respond and say casually well our message is for everyone, regardless of religion and since you already know about it, you know about our messages. and she has the guts to tell me that one day I will leave the Church and go to some Evangelical church when I ‘wake up’. Not on your life lady and so we had kind of a Bible Bash in front of her house and well of course we won.

Then we continue knocking on doors and then it gets quiet, too quiet, and then I hear out of nowhere a dog start barking and I look and see him right there at my feet trying to bite me, so naturally I kick at the dog to try to get it to leave and then he advances again, so I kick again and I miss and he comes at me again, so I go in for the final kick and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I kick the dog right in the chin! He collapses and starts whining and I get away from there as if to leave but some jerk drives by on a motorcycle and starts to freak out and I told the dude that the dog attacked me and so I had to do something and so I left the street and the neighborhood and that dude will never see me again because I know the streets better than anyone, and when me and the dude were talking the dog got up and ran off a little drunkenly but ran off nonetheless.

So anyway, my comp is really cool I like him a lot, he is a nut but we get along just great.

This week we worked really hard and we did our best.

I got in a bible bash and actually finished the Old Testament this week.

It’s really hot here and we are working our butts off, we visited so many houses this week and hardly anyone answered the door or if they did didn’t want anything or couldn’t do anything at the time.

So I don’t have much to say, except, it was a good week and it will get better, and this week I will make 1 year and 4 months.

Crazy huh?

I am Elder Richardson, LD, and I end mine epistle, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment