Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brasil!

We got an email from the CTM in Brazil saying that Taylor had arrived, had been assigned a companion and a was getting settled in his room. They said that the "Cafeteria food is abundant and very good." Here's my favorite excerpt from their letter:

Your very important young person is about to make an eternal difference in the lives of others. We hope you will be encouraged and comforted by this quote by President Lorenzo Snow: “There is no mortal man that is so much interested in the success of an elder [sister] when he is preaching the gospel as the Lord that sent him to preach to the people who are the Lord’s children.”

What a good reminder that the Lord is in charge and always there ready to help Taylor and every missionary do this very important work.

We got another letter this weekend from Taylor's Branch President's wife in the CTM. She sent a picture of Taylor and his two comps (from the Provo MTC). I don't know if they are still companions or have been reassigned. She said this photo was taken Thursday night when they first met with them. Hey--they look happy and not too terribly plagued with jet lag!

Taylor sent an email today--this was his first P-day in Brasil. Here's a little of what he said.

Everything is great here, I love it in Brasil!!! Ok there is sooooo much to tell!!!! I love being here, I don`t know where to start..... ok here it is. We have some Brasilian teachers and some missionaries here, one of the missionaries looks like Antonio Banderas!!!!! He is totally cool too! I found out that I'm learning a ton here especially in Portuguese. We went to the Temple this morning, it was great. It was PortEnglish, half and half. I love it here, I can't think of what else there was to tell you. Have fun, I can't think of much so love ya lots. Rock on!!!!!!

Love Elder Richardson

You can see he's a man of many words. I love the part where he says there's so much to tell, so--where is it? I am excited to hear more about Brazil!

1 comment:

  1. They look pretty good after such a long plane ride.
    I love that he says he as so much to tell and then says, "I can't think of much." That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete