Monday, March 28, 2011

A Brazilian Bar (if you enlarge the picture you can see "Texas")

Araçatuba Turtles in the river

Motos in the rain


So.....How ya doin'? Isso aí! Opa, e então, everything is going great here in Araçatuba.


I'm now an LD (District Leader) and my work pretty much hasn't changed. So in otherwords my work is this, be a normal missionary and work hard and then at night call the Sisters and get thier numbers. Then after that call the LZ's and report the numbers. And when needed give a training, I will tomorrow for District Meeting, and do the Baptismal Interviews for the Sisters and the LZ's.


That's about it. So that makes me cool right?


This week was good, I got to know the area, it was great, I like it here, except our area is huge. but it's good, we walk a lot. And we have lot's of good people to work with, we had so many cool experiences like doing a contact with someone and not finding the house for like a half hour because she didn't know the house number and so then we said a prayer to guide us to her house and we asked a group of people, and they knew where she lived. And so then we met her aunt and she was very nice and we will visit them this week.


And then I did a contact with a girl and saw her in white being baptized. So we went back and her mom said (before we said anything) No, I don´t want anything, I'm Evangelical. And then we asked if the girl lived there and she did and asked us to come back another day and kind of acting secretive against her mom. So that is definitely a good sign, we will go back this week too. We helped a lot of people and found a lot of good people to teach.


One lunch we had was a Churrasco (barbecue) and the man there was telling a story about a couple who got married recently and he said they got hitched when the girl was meia-gravida or half pregnant.... wait how does that work? Either you are or you’re not. There is no half.


Then in Church I played the piano......I DON’T PLAY THE PIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't read Treble Clef music. Only the Bass Clef. Que isso?!?!?!?! But I did, and it was a disaster.


Then we had to give 3 blessings this week and it's really hot here. I mean HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! There are a bunch of people who speak English here, including my comp. So we help members out. It’s fun.


All in all it was a great week, I love it here, I had a fun, work filled week. I say everyone should do it.... Be A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is one of the best things you can do.


I am Elder Richardson, LD, Missionary in Araçatuba, and I end mine epistle, amen

2 comments:

  1. You were already cool!
    Too funny about playing piano.
    I love the picture of the little turtles in the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the piano. I only read the treble clef

    ReplyDelete