Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beautiful Brasilian countryside


Taylor said he thought this sign was funny.


Capela da Moda is "Chapel of Style"


The delectable goo

Taylor and his sweater (and a lot of hair??)


Tut tut it looks like rain, tut tut it looks like RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it rained from Sunday to Sunday and it even continued just a little today. So anyway this week was crazy.

This week I ate a goo of miraculous goodness, of frog eggs. The aforementioned goo had a slight berry flavor to it, and it was also possible that it had fish eggs as well, in other words, "Brasilian caviar." Quite delectable.

I ate a corn thingy called canjica or manguza in the nordeste.... it was pretty good it was like corn in milk or something like that.....

Then we had lunch with our Bispo on Friday and he took us to a Churrascaria. it was awesome, may I repeat, AWESOME! I mean all the meat you can eat. It was great.

Oh I used my sweater again. Not because its cold but because it helps me not be wet.

Here´s a cultural thing. Everyone calls their aunts, uncles and cousins not by name but my the title of 'aunt' 'uncle' and 'cousin' and in Português that is, Tia, Tio, and Primo, Prima. So yeah that´s something that I found out that is kinda cool.

Today we played Futebol again, it was fun, I really like it, I played as the goleiro. I can´t remember that in English. I really like it here still, I love being on the mission, I hope everyone will make the right choice and go.

Here are some words from our Profeta:

"I plead with you to make a determination right here, right now, not to deviate from the path which will lead to our goal: Eternal Life with our Father in Heaven. Along that straight ad true path are other goals: missionary service, temple marriage, Church activity, scripture study, prayer, temple work. There are countless worthy goals to reach as we travel through life. Needed is our commitment to reach them." (bolds and italics added)

Yeah I want you all to think about that.

I´m pretty happy here, I like São Carlos, it´s good here. I hope you are all happy. I love you all.

I am Elder Richardson, missionary, servant of the Lord, and I end mine epistle to the Americans, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment